The Blue Collar Creed

We the unwilling,
Led by the unknowing,
Are doing the impossible
For the ungrateful.
We have done so much for so long with so little
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing

by Larry Wall

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Blue Collar Lunch Break



I think maybe it’s time that I shared the idea I had about this blog’s main header picture (the cartoon of the guys having a lunch break high above the city on a crossbeam)
A few years ago ( well maybe more ) I came across these pictures of a bunch of constructions guys having their lunch break in a rather particular place. I mean, it takes a special kind of man to do steelwork. It’s incredible what these guys do today but absolutely freaking amazing what they use to do and what they had to work with at the turn of the century. These guys earned
their money the hard way.
Anyway, when I saw the cartoon I saved it right away.
And now you know, ....the rest of the story.

No comments: